Medical Front Desk Receptionist
Cynthia J. Reynolds
3660 Hamby Oaks Drive
Alpharetta, GA 30004
Candidate with medical office experience along with excellent communication and customer service skills, seeking a challenging position in a medical office environment.
* Knowledge of the working procedures related to front office tasks
* Attention to detail with excellent organizational and communication skills
* Ability to deal with people in a caring, courteous and professional manner
* Answering Phones
* Payment Collection
* Medical Claim Forms Processing
* Customer Service
* Medical Accounts Receivable
* Appointment Scheduling
* Medical Office Software
* Managed documentation related to patient history records, new patient information, provider records and appointment scheduling.
* Managed accounts receivables and payables in both corporate and non-profit environments.
* Supervised office personnel in a medical billing environment.
* Operated multiple phone lines and documented and conveyed messages as needed.
* Greeted, registered and collected copayments for patients once they arrived for their appointment.
Pandora Jewelry Alpharetta, GA Mar 2016 – present
Retail Sales Associate
Responsible for helping customers with jewelry purchases. Operating cash register. Responsible for stocking merchandise and maintaining display and selling area. Consistently recognized as a top seller.
Memories Scrapbook Store Alpharetta, GA Oct 2003 – Jan 2007
Retail Sales Associate
Offering customer service, assisting with scheduled classes and demonstrations, operating cash register.
Ryder Systems Alpharetta, GA Dec 1996 – Jun 1999
Shared Services Center for all commercial Ryder Truck Rental facilities nationwide. Responsible for verifying credit terms on all leases and rentals for assigned territory. Worked with Credit Analysts to escalate issues for resolution.
Accounts Receivable Associate
Managed aged receivables reports for assigned territories, including payment discrepancies and processing credit memos. Worked with both internal and external credit/collections staff and external customers to identify and resolve outstanding billing issues.
Equifax Healthcare/MRS Norcross, GA Oct 1993 – Nov 1996
Front Line Supervisor
Supervised 15-20 data collection and entry employees. Responsible for overall attendance, performance and personnel issues including weekly production and performance objective reviews. Communicated regularly with PAC offices across the country for status on priority issues.
Review and reprice hospital claims based on total charges, types of service and procedure. Verify PPO discounts through remote system. Prepare claims for invoicing. Follow-up with providers to ensure that PPO adjustments are made.
Responsible for data entry and verification of hospital bills submitted for review. Balanced line item detail of bill to revenue codes on UB82 summary for accuracy. Also responsible for demonstrating software application to prospective clients and training new employees.
Matthew J. Britton, MD Norcross, GA Jan 1991 – Sept 1993
Front Office and Insurance Coordinator
Participated in the changeover from manual to computer based office environment. Maintained accounts receivable including patient billing and payments. Insurance form submission and collection of past due receivables. Performed front office duties including phones, appointment scheduling, check-in/check-out and daily payment balancing.
Kennedy Memorial Hospital Stratford, NJ Jun 1990 – Oct 1990
Responsible for pre-collections accounts receivable management including patient payment arrangements, follow-up via telephone and written communications with patients and insurance providers.
Hospital Benefit Group West Berlin, NJ Mar 1989 – Jun 1990
Patient Accounts Rep
Responsible for outpatient billing and payment follow-up for client hospitals. Gathered necessary insurance information for billing and ensured that payments were processed in a timely manner.
* Class room mom for several years
* Treasurer for Boy Scout Troop 457
* Volunteer for high school IB Program
* Treasurer for high school IB program
Campbell High School Smyrna, Georgia