CAROL NETTLES 678.640.3837 1172 Pine Grove Drive, Alpharetta, GA 30009 email@example.com
STRATEGIC SALES AND MARKETING LEADER
RESULTS-ORIENTED • RELATIONSHIP-BUILDING • STRATEGIC THINKER
Driven, progressive senior sales representative with 20 years proven performance in integrated media sales and exceptional ability to develop winning strategies and client solutions that deliver sustainable growth. Creative thinker and Top performer through benefit selling and superior follow-up. Strong customer relationship skills with a passion for outstanding service.
Core sales leadership proficiencies include:
• Print Media (Direct Mail, • New Business Development Newspaper & Magazine) • Traditional & Non-traditional Media
• Incremental Sales Revenue • Account Management
• Agency Relationships • Creative Problem Solver •Consultative Selling Techniques
• Regional and National Accounts • Campaign Development & Implementation
SALES PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS
- Distinguished Sales Performance Award, Valassis 2007, 2010-2013
- President’s Club – Quota Maker Sales Award, ADVO, Inc. 2004 & 2006
- Client Services Masters Award, ADVO, Inc. 2001
- World Class Performer Achievement Award, ADVO, Inc. 1999-2000
PARTNERSHIP DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST, MBi Direct Mail, Inc., Nov 2015 to August 2016
- Customer Acquisition & Development in New Business Industries: Responsible for expanding client portfolio by identifying and acquiring new business revenue streams from untapped industries using print & direct mail to market to consumers. Activities include prospecting, cold calling, networking, face to face meetings and other techniques.
- Account Management & Incremental Revenue: Worked closely with other departments to ensure that all client requests are executed flawlessly. Continue to develop accounts based on needs assessment, return on investment modeling, key industry research, competitive intelligence and the execution of client solutions.
- Print & Direct Mail Campaigns: Knowledge with inkjet and off-set printing, personalization, variable data, CRM, list purchase, laminate cards, letters, self-mailers and postal relations.
MEDIA DIRECTOR (MEDIA SALES ACCOUNT EXEC), Media Brokers International, July 2014 to Oct 2015
- New Business Development: As Media Director (Media Sales Account Exec), responsible for acquiring new local, regional and national business accounts through prospecting, cold calling, networking and other techniques leading to new sales revenue for the organization.
- Media Planning & Buying: As Media Director (Media Sales Account Exec), I work closely with media outlets to develop media plans that will meet and/or exceed client goals & objectives. Work directly to negotiate cost effective pricing and value-added solutions for clients.
- Scope of Media Expertise includes both traditional & non-traditional media formats: As Media Director (Media Sales Account Exec), utilize my knowledge & expertise in various media platforms to provide clients with the best solutions & strategies to meet their marketing needs and maximize their ROI. These solutions include a multi-media mix of: Print, Broadcast, Out-of-Home, Digital, Product Placement, Endorsements, Alternative and Sports Marketing.
NATIONAL ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, Valassis, 2001 to July 2014
• New Customer Acquisition & Development: As a National Sales Executive, responsible for acquiring new local, regional and national business accounts through prospecting, cold calling, networking and other techniques leading to sales quota achievement year after year. Top achiever in new sales revenue performance for the Southeast Region in 2012.
- Account Management & Business Development: As a National Sales Executive, responsible for maintaining and growing a base of three to six million dollar book of business. Accomplish objectives through selling integrated media programs to contracted clients. Increase sales and revenue through demonstration of effective targeted marketing solutions within Valassis’ offline & online product portfolio. Manage the growth of currently contracted accounts and their agencies by consulting with, developing, and executing client specific marketing plans. Continue to develop accounts based on needs assessment, return on investment modeling, key industry research rollout, competitive intelligence and the execution of client solutions.
- Integrated Marketing Campaigns: In depth knowledge & skills in selling and working with both traditional and contemporary media/marketing services based on client’s objectives. Media solutions & services include print & delivery via direct mail (targeted & shared), newspaper insertion, ROP, cooperative advertising formats, poly bags, online digital display (Mobile/Tablet/PC), demographic/behavioral targeting and database analytics.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Bachelor of Business Administration/Marketing at KENNESAW STATE UNIVERSITY, Kennesaw GA
Propriety Client Databases, Salesforce.com, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Professional Sales & Other Training:
Sales-Side Negotiation Training – Patrick Henry Hansen
Fundamentals of Interactive Advertising & Digital Media – Laredo Group